In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger
We all want to come closer to Allah (SWT) by following the teachings of the Qur’an and the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (SAW). Byfollowing the five steps below, Insha’Allah, we will become a better Muslim and ultimately please our Lord.
1. SEEK KNOWLEDGE: We spend our time and money to acquire knowledge to become a lawyer, doctor, teacher etc. however, when it comes to living our lives, we simply do not pay much attention. Islam has a complete guideline on how to live our lives. The Qur’an and the sunnah teaches us on how to talk, walk, sleep, wake-up, eat, drink, deal with our parents, children, spouses. It is mandatory upon all Muslims to seek Islamic knowledge from the Qur’an and the sunnah. Imam Al-Ghazzali has said that “action without knowledge is insanity and knowledge without action is vanity”.
2. UNDERSTAND: After gaining knowledge of the Qur’an and the sunnah, the next step is to understand that knowledge because, if we do not understand this knowledge we will not be able to go to the next step.
3. BELIEVE: After we have acquired and understood the knowledge, the next step is to believe in it. Islam is the ONLY religion which has proof of everything. Many scientific discoveries which we know today, is already mentioned in the Qur’an which was revealed over 1400 years ago. Qur’an is the only divine book, still exists, in its original form.
4. PRACTICE: The next step is to put into action, the knowledge you have learned, understood and believed in, because if you don’t, then what is the benefit of going through all is. Just think of a doctor who went to a medical college, got his/her license butdid not practice or imagine that you learned how to drive, got your license but do not drive.
5. PREACH: The last step is to share your knowledge with others. Just imagine that you know the cure of an illness but you do not want to share with others. THIS IS BEING VERY SELFISH. Therefore, it is natural to let others know when you know “THE TRUTH”.
May Allah(SWT) keep us on the straight path- Ameen
For any errors, questions, or topic suggestion, please contact at email@example.com